About AIPC: The Aquidneck Island Planning Commission (AIPC) is a nonprofit organization that works with the City of Newport, Towns of Portsmouth and Middletown, the Navy, partner nonprofits, and other stakeholders to preserve and improve Aquidneck Island’s environment, economy and quality of life.
Position Description: AIPC is seeking an individual to assist in nonprofit program and project management in the fields of water quality, transportation, renewable energy, and community engagement. This is a part-time position, approximately 24 hours per week initially with potential for eventual increased or full-time employment.
- 3-5 years relevant experience;
- Excellent writing and computer skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; professional personal presentation;
- Proficient in social media and digital communications;
- Self-starter with excellent project management skills;
- Ability to work individually and as a team member;
- Conscientiousness and attention to detail;
- Strong judgment and ethical integrity;
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends;
- Must have own transportation and ability to travel on Aquidneck Island.
- Experience with non-profit organizations and/or government;
- Knowledge of community planning and/or environmental science;
- Familiarity with, and knowledge of, Aquidneck Island communities and institutions;
- Proficiency with MS Office including Word, Excel and Powerpoint;
- Experience in website management;
- Experience in office administration;
- Experience in digital photography, videography and/or graphic design;
- Bachelors or advanced degree.
To Apply, please provide:
- Brief cover letter explaining your interest in, and qualifications for this position;
- Writing sample or link to portfolio or examples of work;
- Three professional references. We will not contact references until we are ready to hire, and will inform you before contacting.
Please write “AIPC Job App (last name)” in the subject line of the email. Please assemble all required documents into a single PDF and email to email@example.com. The combined PDF should be a maximum of 6 pages; however you may provide links to on-line documents, websites, etc., in your cover letter or resume.
Deadline for Submittal: AIPC will consider applications as received, beginning in May, 2017. For best consideration, apply as soon as possible.
All inquiries are confidential. Position open until filled. Equal opportunity employer. Please share widely!